Showing all 1 result
Slate Tile SBLKPREM1616G PREMIUM BLACK SLATE 16X16 by MS International Inc SelectionsFind and Save, check Slate Tile SBLKPREM1616G PREMIUM BLACK SLATE 16X16 by MS International Inc and opt for it… you can purchase it from only $70.66 /boxes FinishBuild®$70.66 Add to cart
Hardwood Flooring by FinishBuild
Do you need to bring value-adding beauty to your home? Hardwood flooring is your option! Solid hardwood flooring adds value, warmth and to any room. Nothing compares with the beauty of genuine hardwood floors There are plenty of species to choose from, including acacia wood flooring, walnut flooring, maple flooring, hickory hardwood flooring and cherry wood flooring.
Hardwood flooring offers you a variety of finishes, widths, lengths, and colors to match your style from traditional light wood floors to trendy white wood flooring, grey wood floors and dark wood floors
The maintenance and cleaning of hardwood floors is easy compared to that of carpets. You can remove dirt and hair from your pet quickly.
How to Install a Hardwood Floor
With a new hardwood floor, you can add warmth, beauty, and style to a room. In short, to Install a Hardwood Floor:
- Estimate and order the materials you need: Measure the width and length of the room and multiply for the square footage. Whenever you want to buy hardwood flooring, keep in mind to order an extra 10 to 15 percent of the total area, in this way we avoid missing material during the installation.
- Prepare the subfloor and fasten asphalt-laminated kraft paper flooring underlayment to it: Minimum requirements are a 3/4″ plywood sub-floor. Always remember to check the floors to make sure there are no squeaks
- Allow the materials to acclimate to the humidity of the room before beginning the installation
- Layout and mark the placement of flooring.
- Attach the first flooring row to the subfloor.
- Cut and fasten successive flooring strips: When cutting along the baseboards, select a piece that will fit in there and leave 10 or 12 inches more and cut it off. Use the other piece on the beginning of the next row.
- Cut the last row of floors and quickly put it in place
- Sand and finish the floor (unfinished solid flooring only).
Hardwood Flooring Care and Maintenance
You can follow these steps to keep your floors looking like new
- Remove dirt, dust, pet hair or anything else that may cause scratches on your floors with a mop or vacuum cleaner. If you plan to use a vacuum cleaner, be aware that you should not use accessories that could cause damage to your floors.
- If you want you can use a liquid cleaner to do a deeper cleaning or a commercial wood-cleaning product. Be sure to follow manufacturer’s instructions.
- You can also clean your floors by making your own cleaner, mix a part of vinegar with ten parts of warm water. Saturate a mop with the mixture and wring well to remove excess liquid and proceed to clean the floor without getting too wet.
- You can cover scratches on your floors with a crayon the color of the floor, rub it to fill the space and then remove the excess by rubbing with a cloth. Avoid scratches by using floor protectors under the furniture and placing carpets in high traffic areas.