Showing 1–21 of 28 resultsView All
Deck Tiles By FinishBuild
Wooden tiles are a popular and cost-effective way to cover a shabby or unattractive patio or terrace to create a small outdoor space at a low price.
The mosaics, which come in a variety of sizes and styles, simply come together, so you don’t need special tools. This trend became popular in Japan due to the fact that many people lived in densely populated areas without much land to live outdoors. Our wooden tiles also provide a quick and economical solution for a small backyard or balcony of an apartment.
Benefits of using deck tiles
- Wooden tiles are easy to install. Since the tiles simply join together, you can install them quickly and without special tools or skills. And, if one needs to be replaced, you can adjust a new one.
- If you are renting or just want a temporary solution, wooden tiles are a good option, since you can pick them up and take them with you when you move.
- Deck tiles can be laid on an existing surface, such as concrete, stone, brick and even wooden decks. They are extremely durable and non-slip.
Disadvantages of using deck tiles
- The drawbacks of using wooden shingles include visible seams. Of course, this depends on the specific style you choose and how they are presented. Some consumers notice that they don’t like visible seams.
- The fact that the wooden tiles are not permanent may not be to the liking of some people. If you are looking for a long-term solution, wooden tiles may not be the way to go.
- Do not expect wooden shingles to add much value if you plan to sell your home. As they are not permanent, if you are looking to increase the value of your home, it is better that you add a wooden terrace or a concrete patio.
Deck Tiles Over Different Materials
Lawn: wooden tiles can be installed on the lawn.
Concrete: you can definitely place these wooden shingles on concrete, but you need help. Use mosaic connectors to assemble your new deck. They come together easily and are relatively cheap.
Gravel: simply make sure that your gravel is level and that the wooden tiles are easily installed as on any other surface.