Building elements of home by ourselves gives a unique satisfaction. Lately the trend has turned to that side, to be able to manufacture something with our hands with a certain quality and give your home the space it deserves. A Mason jar may be enough.
It is not necessary to go to great places of home depot so that you can have what you want just choose certain materials from our home to make a lamp. In this case you can make a lamp with any element arranged in your kitchen that will give, depending on your style, a unique and unrepeatable place.
Constructing a lamp with a Mason jar – if that’s where the mayonnaise is – is simpler than you might think for it we only need the following:
- 1/2 Gallon Mason Jar
- Painter’s Tape
- Electric Drill
- 1/4 “or 1/2” Glass Drill Bit
- Pocket Knife
- Acrylic Paint
- Make-A-Lamp Kit
- Screw Driver
- All purpose Glue (Optional)
A mason jar as a lamp (step by step)
1. We will take the Mason Jar and apply tape to the painter tape both inside and outside of it.
2. We locate the back where we want the cable to come out and in that place we will use the drill to make a small opening without applying too much pressure on it.
3. Once this is done, we will have to remove the painter tape on both sides of the jar and apply a new tape over the hole.
4. We will paint the Mason Jar inside the jar
5. We use a small knife to create an opening through which to thread the “nipple” that comes with your lamp kit.
6. Pass one end of the lamp cable through the hole drilled above and pull through the container mouth.
7. Now comes the most “difficult” part, build the lamp according to the manufacturer’s instructions
- Push the threaded “pin” through the bottom of the jar lid until the cap rests against the lock nut.
- Pass the thread through the nipple.
- Screw the control ring onto the cable, followed by the socket cover, placing them on top of the bottle cap.
- Attach the grooved wire to the silver plated screw and the nerve wire to the gold screw on both sides of the plug, wrapping the exposed part of the wire around the screw neck and screwing the screw into the plug to secure it.
- Place the socket of the socket in the socket and secure it in the socket.
- Place the jar ring in the jar and tighten it.
8. Now all that is needed is to prove that it works, screwing the bulb, and nothing else … let there be light
You dream it… We finish.