Made from the bark of the Cork Oak tree, cork is sustainably harvested; this process is made around every 10 years so the bark can be harvested from the tree and then it grows again. Based on an article presented by the Floor Covering News newspaper, cork as an alternative flooring option has been used for more than 100 years in the United States, in 1890 to be precise; however in Europe the usage of cork flooring dates back over a century, being Portugal one of the most highlighted places and installations were mostly in commercial applications. Among all the features that this surface product offers, cork is a resilient floor option which is gaining popularity for its style and comfort. This warm and earthy surface is durable enough for an area with high feet traffic.
FinishBuild describes some features about its cork floors
Thanks to its natural versatility, in FinishBuild we have decided to include this great flooring option in our catalog; this way we have even more quality products to offer you, that will assist your home projects and this is one of the most rewarding reason FinishBuild works on.
- Our cork floors are manufactured by an excellent company: KRONENHAHN, their manufacturing processes are well known since they produce cork for flooring purposes as eco friendly as standards ask for, thus FinishBuild guarantees the quality and the healthy considerations you need. Additionally, it is important to mention that in our catalog you will find also MOONWALK cork but in this case it works as an underlayment.
- Cork is a natural insulator, this means that it muffles sound and lowers energy bills.
- FinishBuild’s cork flooring is suitable for any room in your home; however if the area you want to give a go is a bathroom which frequently gets wet, we might suggest you to consider another of our flooring options, more suitable for this specific project.
- A good feature regarding cork is that it can be installed over existing floors, and is installed glued or floating; our cork will require at least ¼ inch thick plywood as an underlayment, in order to be installed it.
- Because it is available in a magnificent variety of colors and sizes, cork can be enjoy in its natural color, stained or painted.
Why cork as your bedroom surface?
Whether your decision is on planks or tiles, cork is a great cushioned comfort alternative that the flooring market has been manufacturing in order to not only make it function as a flooring option itself, but also works as a brilliant underlayment in hardwood and porcelain tiles flooring installation.
- Cork is an acoustic insulator; the surface minimizes the sound of footsteps.
- It is rich with natural color and textures; this floating or glued surface cozies up a big or small bedroom.
- Cork is currently one of the most earth friendly flooring options in the industry; it contributes to healthy air quality, because is naturally resistant to mold, mildew and termites, plus: it is anti microbial and this is why without a doubt, we are recommending it as your indoor space surface.
- This surface material is available in many styles, colors and sizes. Existing in FinishBuild as planks, you can create an almost continuous looking floor.
- Different from vinyl, cork’s pattern and color penetrates the thickness of the material, making the usable life of the flooring lengths.
Cork floors in a bedroom: FinishBuild‘s ideas
Embark yourself on your bedroom building or makeover journey, and enjoy this experience; the reward of achieving the look and benefits in your flooring will be immense. The following are some cork floor ideas we have thought about for your bedroom:
Original cork color
Take advantage of cork’s natural untreated features and create a very clean and simple look in your bedroom; a minimalist decoration strategy can suitably work on this idea. Remember that less is more so focus on the subtlety and texture of your room rather than in the design or color palette.
Always classic dark bedroom
Considering cork can be stained or painted, reflect a dramatic color palette using its darker hues, given to this material during the manufacturing process. Achieve a distinguished look which could be perfectly paired with lighter color furnishings.
Cork that looks like actual hardwood
Accomplish this appearance with the FinishBuild’s cork planks; since they allow you to create a floor that looks like hardwood, enjoy of the cushioning and sound proofing attributes this amazing material has to offer. Choose the furniture in your favorite color and make your bedroom has an attractive and charming look without being overwhelming.
Modern bedroom thanks to cork flooring
As an astonish flooring material, cork is so versatile that can fit into both classic and contemporary styles; so balance the natural look of your surface with a series of your favorite artistic decorative furnishings and make your bedroom reflect a sophisticated modern aspect.
Take home a low- maintenance comfort
By purchasing any of our fabulous cork floors, you will be taking home an easy to clean and naturally fire resistant surface. So in order to keep you brand new cork flooring clean, try to have it free of dirty and sand, because they can scratch the surface. Furthermore, sweep, dust or vacuum it regularly and occasionally wipe your cork flooring with damp mop. For further maintenance and prevention; refinish your floor when signs of wear appear, place mats on more used areas, and also rotate furniture oftentimes, this last suggestion will help the result last longer and at the same time will give a different look to your bedroom from time to time.
Whether it is about resembling the rustic features of hardwood or the texture of travertine in the ceramic category; what is definitely clear is the fact that consumers want something real and natural underfoot, therefore one of the major trends in recent years has been moving the outside indoors. FinishBuild totally believes cork as an alternative flooring is a gift from nature that has arrived to stay and provides not only a soft surface and its inherent benefits, but it also adds a conscious renewable finish, what makes cork a really attractive option for today’s consumers, not to mention for eco friendly homeowners.
Live the experience as organically as you allow it, and enjoy the benefits of cork…you start, we Finish!
Order your free information regarding our catalog of selections
Contact us with any enquiries you have about our product range.