By letting go our last article of Feng Shui we could not resist working on how to improve your room areas. FinishBuild is very into sharing with you some health and unexpected bugs that might be sleeping with you at this very moment. In a 2011 census, the National Sleep Foundation found that 92 percent of people say a comfortable mattress is important to a good night’s sleep. However, a good sleep is not only about a firmer set up, but also a clean and odor free mattress.
Therefore, in order for you to avoid sleeping with the enemy, FinishBuild is mentioning a couple of health issues that an old mattress might cause you:
Body pain: This is number one cause of having a fluffy mattress. Mattresses do get old, they are not the exception. Among the primary rough consequences of using a weak surface on your bed we have neck and low back pain.
Mites: Dust microorganisms feed on the dead skin cells you spread naturally, and mattresses are the 24 store of death cells. As despicable as it seems, bugs are everywhere, no wonder why moms wash sheets and pillowcases frequently. And a slipcover labeled “allergy-proof” can help keep them from traveling from the mattress to your sheets and pillows going forward.
If you are thinking is not a serious issue, take for example the costs of having an unclean mattress. A whole gamma of bed bugs found across the US are known to impact human lives owing to the mental, physical and economic consequences they have. Even though some types of bed bugs only cause a mild rash in humans, others can cause us severe infestations. Furthermore, the bites of these ecto-parasites are also known to cause secondary complications and skin infections which include impetigo, lymphanigitis and ecthyma.
Types of bugs you can find in your mattress
As with all types of bed bugs, we would like to focus on types of bugs you may find in the USA. Bugs or dust mites due to this inability of flying, rely on passive modes of transportation. The Cimicids family, for instance has the characteristic of specialized organs to support their blood feeding diet. The bugs use these organs to attach to their host at nighttime and feed upon them for up to 10 minutes.
- Cimex hemipterus: This is a tropical bedbug which also feeds on humans but enjoy warm regions to survive, such as Florida.
- Cimex adjunctus: Bat bugs have also been observed in tropical regions as well as more temperate areas. This species feeds primarily on bats, however they are very sneaky and you might find it in your bed as well. Cimex Adjuntus do sometimes feed on human hosts, especially if the preferred source is no longer present.
- Haematosiphon inodora: Located primarily in North America, probably most known as the Mexican chicken bug, also closely resembles a common bed bug. However, these insects are typically found on poultry farm, so if you happen to own a farm, or have a small area with chicks, you might want to check your bed every once in a while.
- Cimex lectularius: Last but not least, the most common household bed, cimex lectularius is found worldwide. A number of other related pests resemble bed bugs in habits and appearance. However for proper identification usually you might require magnification and experience with distinguishing the different species.
- Pediculus humanus capitis: This mainly feed on human blood. They have similar structure like those of common ectoparasites; Pediculus humanus capitis mainly have ability to transmit diseases in humans. Their bodies are also divided into head, thorax and abdomen. You would definitely might not want this fellow under your sheets.
What can I do about healing my mattress?
FinishBuild is taking some valuable steps you can follow in order to check, clean or just beware that your mattress is bug-free. It is important to accurately identify bed bugs before beginning treatment of an infestation. What we recommend in any case is to contact your local pest control experts in order to arrange an inspection and consultation.
Inspect: The first step is to unfold your mattress, thorough inspection of the facility in question; you might find some traces of these unwanted bugs. Inspect includes identification of the types of bed bugs, looking for places like cracks or gaps where they usually hide.
Arrange: Preparing the infested area for treatment. What we recommend for this process it to do it in a ventilated area. Arranging the process might include undressing and disposing affected mattresses, carpets, bedding covers, drapes, moving furniture away from walls and washing all bed clothes in hot water.
Spread: The futile process for getting rid of these unwanted fellows. Spraying and dusting bed bug repellents. The efficiency of controlling various types of bed bugs will depend on how thoroughly and carefully you spray and dust the repellents.
“Cleaning and organizing is a practice not a project“