Toilets & Bidets by Finishbuild
It is important to consider functional aspects, style and design. If you are looking to transform your bathroom into an integrated and comfortable space, try to get right in choosing all its complements.
The design, easy cleaning, the existing installation and the space available are relevant aspects when considering a toilet. Here are six criteria that will help you choose:
Shape and size
Types of toilet
Types of water discharge
Types of water inlet
Seats and caps
1. Shape and size
The available space in the bathroom conditions the choice of toilet model. It is essential to be able to use it comfortably, leaving enough space around it and that the doors that are close can easily be opened and closed.
There are round or square toilets. The round toilets are shorter and are ideal when there is little space in the front. On the other hand, square toilets allow space on the sides thanks to its longer shape.
2. Types of toilet
Depending on the water tank, there are low tank toilets, compact tank, high tank, suspended tank or integrated tank.
- Low tank toilet: It is the most common and is characterized by carrying the tank that accumulates water just above the cup.
- Compact tank toilet: It is completely stuck to the wall, so it occupies much less space than the previous one and prevents the accumulation of dirt in the space between the wall and the toilet.
- High tank toilet: It was the first model to be marketed in the market but, since the appearance of the toilet tank low, is practically no longer used. It is characterized by having the accumulation tank hung on the wall and separated from the cup. The communication between the two is carried out by means of a tube called downpipe.
- Suspended toilet: With a more current design, the cup is hung to the wall and can be easily cleaned when scrubbing the floor. It is installed with a flush system that contains the tank and mechanisms. The suspended toilet model can be an excellent choice for very small spaces.
- Toilet with integrated tank: It is a novelty in the market and its main feature is that the tank of water accumulation is integrated in the same cup. This facilitates their placement because it avoids having to install the discharge mechanisms. This type of toilet can be suspended or installed on the floor and, because it has no tank, its size is very small.
3. Types of water discharge
The toilet empties dirty water by discharging the water. There are three forms of discharge: vertical, horizontal or dual.
- Vertical discharge: It has an internal siphon with the outlet of the water facing the ground. It is designed for those installations where the drain pipes reach the toilet by the bottom.
- Horizontal discharge: Incorporates an internal siphon but with the outlet of the water facing the wall. This type of discharge is used in those installations where the drain pipes reach the toilet by the wall.
- Dual discharge: The internal shape of your siphon allows the installation of the toilet in both horizontal and vertical outlet. A straight outlet fitting is used for wall installation and an elbow-shaped fitting for installation on the floor.
4. Types of water intake
- Side feed: The water inlet is connected to the toilet tank by means of a flexible top right or left.
- Bottom feed: The drilling for the connection between the water and the tank is made at the bottom of the tank. In this case, the connections are less visible and can even be completely hidden if the toilet is attached to the wall.
5. Seats and lids
Each toilet has a specific lid and seat that fits perfectly. Both are attached to the cup by hinges that can be stainless steel, durability, or plastic.
Seat and cushion cover: The opening hinges have a cushioning system that slowly closes the cover without having to fasten it.
Universal toilet seat and lid: Fits any type of toilet with a hinged system that can be adjusted in width. If you want to opt for them you have to take into account the shape of the cup, whether round or square. You can find seats and covers with plastic hinges, stainless steel or cushioned.
Finally, on the mechanism of systems of saving in a toilet with the discharge discharges we will add that today the toilets incorporate water discharges with two buttons: one that empties the tank completely and another that empties only the half. Universal discharges exist that adapt to any model and that can incorporate a water saving systems.
Thinking on the special room and the comfort of your privacy, toilets are one of the most vital items inside of a bathroom. Whether you are in the mood for a simple classic style or a more detailed structure, FinishBuild has it for you. Primarily used to wash and clean privet parts, bidets traditional designs may also be used to clean any other part, such as, the feet. Bidets have the advantage of being inexpensive and saving place.