Laminate Flooring by Finishbuild
Flooring is the undisputed protagonist in any project of interior design. It prints character and personality to the environment.
If you are looking for a special material for the floors of your house, do not forget to consider the possibility of installing a laminate floor. There are so many advantages and so few drawbacks, that it becomes an option to take very into account. Discover all its qualities.
As for resistance, the laminate flooring wins. It is much harder to wear. Its high content in melanin makes it more protected against scratches, something that with wood does not occur, because it will always be more delicate.
Wood is a noble, beautiful and natural material and for all these reasons we love to have it present in our homes, whether on surfaces and coatings, furniture or carpentry. However, sometimes and for some things, it is excessively delicate. This is the case of wooden pavements, which usually reflect the deterioration of the use and the passage of time. However, today we bring you the solution: install a laminate floor.
Definition of Laminate Floor
Laminate floor is a floor formed by several layers that are coupled to a high-density, glued and hermetic fiber panel.
There is a large market for this product, with a large number of styles, formats, colors and textures available, imitations of virtually all natural woods (oak, beech, cherry ...), as well as stone or ceramics. Finishes are also marketed with reliefs, since certain brands offer a rustic finish. It is relatively simple to install and has gained popularity in the last 20 years due to the simple maintenance and, above all, its price, more economical than natural materials.
Laminate flooring combine many of the advantages of wood, but without some of its drawbacks. For example, they are more resilient and much more affordable from an economic point of view.
The advantages of a laminate floor
Laminate flooring that puts a modern touch in your home.
Our laminate flooring is a very easy way to decorate your home with a floor with more personality. It is even easier than installing carpet, and undoubtedly much easier than putting tiles. We have a whole range of laminate flooring of different styles and prices that fit all needs. Most of them are designed to keep their color well. All our laminate floors are sold with warranty for greater peace of mind.
The choice of the floor is fundamental to create unique environments and with personality in your house.
The main feature of laminate flooring is the realistic imitation of the different types of natural wood. Made of resin fiber and pressed wood, they offer a high level of resistance to wear and impact.
Advantages of putting laminate flooring at home
- It is easy to install and very practical: Its main advantage is that to install them it is not necessary to remove the old pavement. In addition, there is no need to staple or varnish them and have an efficient sealing system that prevents water from seeping in and an upper layer of resin that facilitates cleaning.
- It is economical: The laminate floors allow to enjoy the warmth of the wood with a very affordable cost.
- It is very aesthetic: They are made from materials derived from wood and realistically imitate different types of wood.
- It is very resistant: They are very durable and are classified according to European regulations according to resistance criteria, both wear and impact.
The finishes of laminate flooring: Features
You can find laminate flooring with different types of finishes, so you can choose the one that best matches your decor and get the effect you prefer.
- Smooth: gives the floor a light appearance and is soft to the touch.
- It has a gloss of satin aspect and a classic pore that brings to the soil a universal character.
- Sawnwood: reproduces the classic streaks of sawn timber.
- Structured: of marked porous relief finish not according to the grain of the wood. Ideal for rustic decorations.
- Synchronized: porous relief that faithfully reproduces the grain and pores of the wood in each mud.
On the other hand, among the diversity of types of laminated floors, we also find different styles, design, colors and finishes.
Longer formats are ideal for clear spaces in which the living room and the kitchen, for example, are joined. They are also very useful to give sense of spaciousness in any room.
For modern spaces a good choice are rectangular shapes that imitate stone or rust.
The laminate floors have also conquered the kitchens and bathrooms, thanks to its resistance. In these spaces, the combination of wood and natural stone manages to create warm and welcoming environments.
Another trend is booming artisan taste. The new technologies allow to manufacture floors with formats and finishes that recreate aspects of naturalness and wear and appear handmade. The laminate floors incorporate different features designed to cover different uses and needs and to facilitate their installation and maintenance. These features or extras are:
- Thickness of the mud: It gives to the ground robustness, a more durable click and a better acoustic behavior to the step. A greater thickness, greater robustness of the general set.
- Antibacterial: It prevents the growth of bacteria in the soil transmitted by shoes, animals, etc., providing the tranquility of a healthy environment.
- Antistatic: It avoids annoying discharges of static electricity and reduces The accumulation of dust and lint on the floor.
- Installation in a click: The laminated floors could be installed in click, quickly and easily, without glues or adhesives.
- Anti-scratch: The protection anti-scratch gives your floor an extra resistance to the lined of furniture, wheels of chairs, etc.
- Non-slip: Recommended if you are going to install your floor in a bath. This protection prevents slips caused by moisture and water.
- Care and maintenance: The first thing to remember is that laminate flooring can NOT be sanded. For proper maintenance of laminate floors, we must regularly use a mop or vacuum cleaner. For a more thorough cleaning, it is advisable to use specific neutral products for its conservation. But remember that the surface must be completely clean before applying any product.
Choosing Laminate Floors
Laminate flooring that you can install yourself, it is reassuring to know that it is easier than you think. Our laminate flooring fits together easily, so you avoid the hassles and expense of hiring someone to install them. The laminated surface can be placed on the existing floor without adhesive. We recommend using sheets to improve noise damping. Our floors are easy to clean with just vacuuming and a damp cloth from time to time.
Few reforms give a more radical change of look to our house as we renovate the floor. Imagine a floor with an old-fashioned terrazzo floor. Now imagine it with a wooden pavement. Nothing to see, right? And this transformation can be carried out for a house of 100 m2 in less than four days and without having to start the old floor (provided it is level and stable).
If the idea seems tempting, we recommend that before giving the definitive "Yes, I want”, you formulate these practical questions: What do I look for with the change? Do I want to gain more light and sense of breadth? Choose a wood paving of a light or intermediate tone (such as oak, an off-road on the wooden floors) and wide and long lamas. Looking for a warmer soil? The shades of reddish wood create very cozy and welcoming environments, but eye: they also "eat" more light than a clear.
Normally when we consider changing the floor, whether of a particular room or the whole house, we think about a great work, not being able to be comfortable at home for some time and at the high cost that a job like this can have. However, if our choice is to put laminate flooring will not be necessary large works, nor a large outlay and, depending on the size of the house or room, we can be treading the new floor the same day.
Laminate floors are much easier to put that a traditional hardwood parquet and offer the same appearance. The slats or boards consist, in most cases, in boards on which a plastic sheet is applied with the design that we have chosen. The fact that the design is printed on these plastic sheets allows to find an immense variety of designs, from imitations of all kinds and types of wood, through stones or original designs.
Laminate Flooring is basically composed of wood, and just like It happens to this, the laminate floor expands and contracts with changes in temperature and humidity of the environment. Therefore, it is highly recommended to have the laminate flooring for at least 48 hours in the place where it is to be installed, so that it adapts to the environment. If we did not, we would run the risk of expanding and rising in some areas days after installation.